Book with Confidence & Flexibility. Only $99 deposit
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Backyard Roadies
1. “Backyard Roadies”, “our”, “us”, “we” means Backyard Roadies Limited.
2. “You”, “your” means you and any member of your party.
3. All New Zealand tours advertised on the Backyard Roadies website are operated by Backyard Roadies. Your contract is with Backyard Roadies as the Tour Operator and is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Conditions”).
4. Our tours are designed and intended for people between the ages of 18 to 35 years. You must be at least 18 years old on the departure date of your tour. We reserve the right to decline any booking request at our discretion.
5. A contract will exist between you and us upon payment of the deposit or payment in full, whichever is sooner.
Booking Your Trip
6. Bookings made directly with us through the Backyard Roadies website must be secured through the payment of the total ticket price or, if booking more than 14 days prior to your tour date, a deposit of $99.00 NZD. This deposit is non-refundable.
7. The remainder of the total ticket price (the “Outstanding Amount”) is payable 14 days prior to the date of that tour, and will be automatically charged, at this time, to the card details provided at the time of booking. Backyard Roadies will notify you, via email, of this automatic charge 10 days prior to this. Failure to pay the outstanding amount can and will result in your booking being cancelled by us. Upon Backyard Roadies having successfully received the Outstanding Amount, you will receive an email confirming your place on the relevant tour, including an itinerary and ticket details.
8. All prices advertised are in New Zealand dollars (NZD) and inclusive of all taxes, unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to alter prices and other particulars contained on our website and in our brochures.
9. You must clearly state all your requirements at the time of booking. Please note that any dietary requirements will be a request only. We cannot guarantee special dietary requirements and we will not assume any responsibility or liability if your special requirements cannot be fulfilled. If you want to change any aspect of your booking you must notify us as soon as possible in writing. We will do our best to accommodate your requested changes however we may require you to pay an amendment fee of $100 per person.
10. If you are unable to travel due to illness, the death of immediate family, jury service or any other significant reason beyond your control we may agree to your booking being transferred to another person who meets these Conditions or the transfer to another tour of equivalent value. Notice of such a request must be given at least 21 days from the date of departure of the tour.
Cancellation by You
11. All cancellations of bookings by you must be made in writing. We will not regard a booking as cancelled unless email written notice has been received by us from you.
12. Cancellation can only be made up to 7 days before departure of your tour. Once the cancellation is accepted a refund of 100% of the total ticket price (less the $99.00 deposit) will be paid to you. The refundable portion does not include the non-refundable $99.00 deposit.
13. No refunds will be available for cancellations within 7 days of the departure date. If your booking was made via a travel agent, please contact them directly to discuss your options.
Cancellation or Modification by Us
14. We will endeavour to operate all Backyard Roadies tours as advertised. We reserve the right to modify or cancel at our discretion any tour at any time. We will notify you of any changes or cancellations as soon as reasonably possible.
15. Backyard Roadies reserves the right to require a minimum number of bookings per tour. In the event that less than 50% of a tour’s tickets have not been sold 14 days from that tour’s departure, we will cancel the tour and notify you immediately.
16. In the event of a cancellation by us, we will offer you at our discretion the following: (a) A refund in full of all moneys paid with no right to any further compensation; or (b) A tour of an equivalent value at a different date.
17. We do not consider a change of accommodation or transport style to be a modification and reserve the right to change these elements without notifying you.
18. We recognise that our current tours may require flexibility around cancellations during this evolving global situation. As such, if your travel arrangement to the meet up zone (Christchurch, Nelson or Auckland) has been affected due to COVID Alert level restrictions your tour purchase will be 100% refundable (excl. any credit card fees).
Our Liability to You
19. The responsibility of Backyard Roadies as the Tour Operator is limited. We act only in the capacity of agents for carriers, hoteliers, or other service providers (“Third Party Service Providers”) in all matters relating to accommodation, optional activities, sightseeing tours and any other arranged activities. As such, we will not be liable for any personal injury, death, loss, damage, accident, delay or irregularity caused by any Third Party Service Providers on your Backyard Roadies tour.
20. You accept and understand the possible risks when travelling on a Backyard Roadies tour.
21. During your Backyard Roadies tour there will be opportunities to take part in optional paid activities or excursions which are not owned, controlled or operated by Backyard Roadies. Any participation in such activities is at your own risk
22. Backyard Roadies accepts no responsibility for any cancellation or modification of an optional activity or excursion due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
23. It may be necessary to vary your itinerary from that stated at the time of purchasing your ticket. The final decision will be that of the trip leader.
24. Backyard Roadies does not accept liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting from war, civil unrest, weather conditions, fire, natural disasters including earthquake, flood, tsunami or volcanic eruption, Acts of God, closures, unforeseen alterations to public transport schedules, epidemic or outbreaks of illness or any other event outside of the control of Backyard Roadies which either delays or extends or reduces the tour, or compels a change in the tour arrangements after departure.
Contravention of Law
25. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage sustained by you as a result of a contravention of any New Zealand law or regulation while on a tour.
26. In particular, you are required to comply at all times with the laws of New Zealand relating to the consumption of drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
27. You acknowledge that the possession or use of cannabis or any cannabinoid product is prohibited under New Zealand law and is a criminal offence.
Health and Medical Conditions
28. You must inform us at the time of booking of any medical condition or disability that may affect your Backyard Roadies tour, as well as any special arrangements you require. Whilst we will use reasonable efforts to accommodate your particular needs, we reserve the right to decline your booking.
29. We will not allow you to embark on or continue a tour if: (a) We deem you incapable of caring for yourself; (b)You become objectionable to other passengers or guides; (c) If you break any New Zealand laws; (d)If you fail to provide adequate evidence of travel insurance; or (e) If you become a hazard to yourself or others.
30. All expenses resulting in your exclusion from the tour at any time will be your own and not those of Backyard Roadies. No refund will be given if you are excluded from a tour for any of these reasons. Backyard Roadies is in no way obligated to transport you to any location after you have been excluded from a tour.
31. Please take care to read your invoice, ticket/s and any other documents we send you (“travel documentation”) as soon as you receive them and let us know immediately if any details are incorrect. We accept no liability if you fail to notify us of any inaccuracies in the travel documentation with 14 days of your receipt of the travel documentation.
32. It is your sole responsibility to make sure all other necessary travel documents are valid, including but not limited to your passport and visa. We strongly recommend that you undertake your own research as to the procedural, documentary and other requirements necessary for your travel in advance of your tour.
33. You must take out comprehensive travel insurance prior to the tour departure date if you are internationally travelling to New Zealand for this tour. If requested by your tour guide, you must produce evidence of your travel insurance prior to commencement of the tour.
34. We recommend your policy includes cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal injury and accident, repatriation, death and loss of personal goods. Your travel insurance policy should also cover any activities and excursions not provided by Backyard Roadies you may engage in during your tour.
35. You hereby indemnify us against all third party actions taken against us for loss or damage caused by you or arising from your participation on the tour.
36. In order for Backyard Roadies to ensure tours run smoothly, the information you provide us when booking your ticket may be shared with any relevant service suppliers utilised on your trip including the guide and driver. By booking a tour with Backyard Roadies, you agree to the sharing of this information with all relevant parties.
37. Backyard Roadies reserves the right to feature your statements, photographs or content made as a passenger in future advertising publications.
38. There is a strict no-smoking, no-vaping and no-alcohol consumption policy on Backyard Roadies transportation which must be adhered to at all times. Smokers, Vapers and alcoholic drinkers will have the ability to smoke, vape and drink alcohol on any of the frequent stops throughout a tour. For alcohol it must not be in a liquor ban area.
39. You are entitled to have one piece of main luggage weighing no more than 23kg and one day pack weighing no more than 7kg.
40. All contracts for bookings with Backyard Roadies are governed by New Zealand law.
Information We Collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
Provide, operate, and maintain our website
Improve, personalize, and expand our website
Understand and analyze how you use our website
Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
Send you emails
Find and prevent fraud
www.backyardroadies.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, www.backyardroadies.com uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information. For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies” from Cookie Consent.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
www.backyardroadies.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.